Manufacturing risk insurance
Manufacturing risk insurance covers the commercial and political risks incurring during the manufacturing period by insuring the production cost of the goods and services produced on the basis of the foreign trade contract. This type of insurance can be applied individually or as a supplemental insurance.
The insurance covers the risk of unjustified refusal of the buyer to receive the goods and also serves as a security for financing banks in case of export pre-financing
The subject of the insurance can be the production costs of the goods and services produced on the basis of the export trade contract, as follows:
- cost price of materials and components incorporated in undelivered goods manufactured by the insuree or related to unfinished services;
- cost price of materials and components separately ordered, manufactured or processed by the insuree;
- cost of direct wages and contributions that can be allocated to the foreign trade contract;
- overhead costs attributable to the foreign trade contract;
- amounts paid by the insuree to third party in order to fulfil the foreign trade contract that are related to goods not delivered to the customer, to services provided by third party in relation with the above and in connection with termination of contract concluded with third party;
- pre-financing, fright, freight insurance and credit insurance costs and commissions already included in the pre-calculation of the foreign trade contract.