Eximbank offers the following bank guarantees to domestic small and medium sized- enterprises and large corporations for the fulfilment of export transactions or transactions to boost international competitiveness, in accordance with Govt. Decree 435/2012 (XII. 29.):
- Bid (tender) guarantee: a commercial guarantee serving as payment security in respect of the amount of bid security requested, by the issuer of a call for bids, as a prerequisite for bidding. Such guarantees are issued to the benefit of the issuer of the call for bids, as beneficiary.
- Advance-repayment guarantee: a commercial guarantee that secures repayment of an advance payment made on the basis of a trade transaction, in the event that the client, as obligor, fails to deliver or to do so in accordance with the terms of contract.
- Performance guarantee: a commercial guarantee that guarantees the client’s contractual performance until the time of fulfilment and acceptance of the supply and/or service provision obligation outstanding on the basis of the contract.
- Warranty guarantee: a commercial guarantee that guarantees the fulfilment of the client’s payment obligations resulting from warranty and guarantee obligations following the delivery, in compliance with the applicable rules, of the object of the agreement, or acceptance of the provided service.
Extent of the guarantee —The extent of the guarantee is determined in keeping with the given transaction in every case, ensuring that the combined extent of commercial guarantees undertaken by Eximbank in relation to the transaction does not exceed 80% of the value of the contract.The following rates are typically applied:
- tender guarantee: 2-5% of the bid price;
- advance-repayment guarantee: 15-30% of the export contract;
- performance/warranty guarantee: 5-10% of the export contract.
Minimum amount of guarantee – HUF 50 million / EUR 150,000 / USD 150,000
Currency — HUF, EUR of USD
Term – Determined individually in line with the transaction, but the following terms are usually applied:
- tender guarantee: 3-6 months;
- advance-repayment guarantee: 1-2 years;
- performance/warranty guarantee: 1-2 years.
Transactions excluded from financing – As specified in Annex 1/A of the Eximbank Business Regulations (“CLIENTS EXCLUDED FROM FINANCING”).
Clients excluded from financing – As specified in Annex 2 of the Eximbank Business Regulations (“TRANSACTIONS EXCLUDED FROM FINANCING”). Furthermore, clients excluded from guarantee provision in accordance with Section 3 (1) a) of Chapter 2 (“Common rules on guarantees that may be provided by Eximbank) of the Guarantee Decree:
- Clients that have outstanding debts towards the state or Eximbank, resulting from the exercising of a previous state suretyship, state guarantee or counter-guarantee, at the time of concluding the guarantee contract,
A further condition for exclusion is if the client is in financial difficulty as defined in Section 6 of Govt. Decree 37/2011 (III. 22.).
Securities – Determined based on a case-by-case assessment. Securities may include, for example, a pledge on the receivables originating from the financed export, mortgage on property, pledge on current assets, collateral deposit, payment guarantee, credit protection bank guarantee, pledge on shares, assignment of insurance, etc.